This was a great weekend. On Saturday Daddy decided to take all of us to Duluth. We spent our first day hiking around a stream where Mommy and Daddy showed me a fish trap and a fish hatchery. We saw fisherman by this HUGE lake called Lake Superior. And Gigi was there barking at them all! After we spent time hiking, we drove to a town called Two Harbors where we booked a hotel. Mommy and Daddy took me to the pool where I swam for my first time!!! I loved it. I swam so good that I even kept my Daddy from drowning! He thought he was holding me, but I know the truth...
After we spent the night in the hotel, where we had to sneak Gigi in (no pets allowed), we packed up and headed to Gooseberry Falls. The day was much colder than the day before and we even got some new snow. But, when we arrived at the falls there was only one other person there and said the falls just opened up that morning. They were amazing! So much water.
On the way home we made numerous stops because of cool things we saw. At one stop, there were people with big wet suits and they were surfing! As the wind gusted and they waves grew, these guys charged the massive water swells then flew down them on their boards. I couldn't believe it. I yelled "hang ten!" I was stoked at the scene. Dude, I can't wait to do that; they must be really good swimmers.
When we got home I decided that since I swam so good, I should now work on walking. Mommy and Daddy spent time with me until I got down 9 steps! Look out Forest Gump, here I come! Below is a little video of me walking.
In other news, Daddy says if Memphis wins in College Basketball tomorrow that he will take first place in his pool...when he told me that, all I could think about was swimming.
Este fue un gran fin de semana. El sabado mi papi decidio llevarnos a Duluth. Pasamos nuestro primer dia haciendo caminata por el lago donde papa y mama me ensenaron diferentes tipos de peces. Vimos pesacadores en este enorme lago llamado Superior, Gigi estuvo ladrandoles todo el tiempo!!! Despues de la caminata manejamos hasta un pueblo llamado Two Harbors donde nos quedamos en un hotel. Mami y papi me llevaron a la piscina donde nade por primera vez!!. Me encanto. Nade tan bien que pude salvar a papa de ahogarse! El pensaba que el me estaba sosteniendo, pero era otra la verdad...
Despues de pasar la noche en el hotel en el que tuvimos que esconder a Gigi ( la mascotitas no estaban permitidas), empacamos y nos fuimos a las cataratas de Gooseberry. El dia estaba mas frio que el anterior, es mas, habia estado cayendo un poco de nieve. Pero, cuando llegamos, en las cataratas habia solo una persona quien nos dijo que recien esta manana las cataratas habian sido abiertas al publico. Son maravillosas! Muchisima agua.
Camino a casa hicimos numerosas paradas para ver de cerca cosas interesantes del camino. En una parada vimos gente que estaba corriendo olas! Estas personas corrian las olas que iban creciendo poco poco. Al verlos yo grite "buen trabajo". Estaba paralizado en la escena. Realmente me muero de ganas por hacer lo mismo, estos corredores de olas han de ser unos super nadadores.
Cuando llegamos a casa pense que si ya habia logrado nadar bastante bien, deberia empezar a practicar el caminar. Mami y papi me animaron hasta que di 9 pasos! Aqui esta el video de como di mis primeros pasos. Pero a pesar de estar aprendiendo a caminar no tengo nada mas en mis pensamiento que no sea el nadar!


4 comments:
What a cute family picture!! And - he's WALKING??? WOW!!! Good job, David! : ) Watch out, you guys... next comes CLIMBING!
I love the first picture of all of you...so cute! Also, that is crazy there were surfers on lake superior! I bet sam wanted to go out there and try it!
Hey Pao - Very cute pictures and videos. I love what you wrote too. I think David is going by the 'run first, walk later' method. I can't wait to see him this Saturday!
You have to see the video we took of him walking behind the "pink" stroller!
We also have him in the "pink" bib in the highchair with the "pink" pacifier. Don't worry. He is soo boy. The way he can throw the ball. Dad was laughing so hard I thought he would keel over!
Grandma K.
Post a Comment